Sunday, July 11, 2004

Designer Dreams

Indiscreetly someone enters my boudoir and asks me what kind of bedding I use, which books lie on my nightstand and how do I sleep…

What do you wear to bed?
Cotton pyjamas.

Whom do you sleep with?
My husband Nicholas.

The bedroom is the ideal place to…
Lie down and relaax… In the morning, before I get up, I give my self Reiki and balance my chakras.

The secret of a good night’s sleep.
A comfortable mattress and good pillows, crisp sheets and the window open.

What kind of bed do you sleep in?
A King size bed with a hard mattresses.

Your favourite sheets.
White cotton sheets from Home, the older they get the softer they become.

Where would you like to sleep?
In a swag, under a tree in the Simpson Desert, with the stars twinkling above.

What’s on your nightstand?
A steel jar from Habitat filled with colourful condoms, a heart-shaped rose quartz, a wooden back massager from The Body Shop, an old pair of tortoiseshell glasses and a pile of books.

What are you reading?
The Powerbook by Jeannette Winterson, 31 Songs by Nick Hornby, and The Voices of Marrakkesh by Elias Canetti.

Bedroom: sanctuary or seduction?
A sanctuary of peace and quiet to protect us from the crazy world outside!

Do you prefer light of complete darkness?
I prefer darkness, but I like it when the full moon creeps through the shutters, drawing milky pools on the floor.

How long do you sleep?
On average seven hours a night.

What do you do before falling asleep?
I kiss my hubby goodnight.