Sunday, August 08, 2004

Good Morning!


Some of us cannot leave the house in the morning, without having eaten a specific kind of cereal. Others just have to watch the morning news, while others might walk the dog. Nina Ondine reveals her morning rituals.

As a recovering coffee addict, I need plenty of unhurried wake-up time in the morning. Nonetheless, I always wake up between 6:30-7:00 a.m., at least half an hour before the alarm clock goes off. First of all, I like to lie in bed and do some stretches, or I give myself Reiki to energize my body and balance the chakras. Before going into the kitchen, I brush my teeth, comb my hair and wash my face. Then I brew a pot of green tea, which I pour into a thermos and sip in my pyjamas while I lull myself into the new day. Sometimes I watch Euronews, other times I turn on the radio and read, or try to chat with Nick who struggles to gain consciousness while drinking his first cup of coffee. Other times I go online and update my Blog. But I always have breakfast: my current favourite consists of two Weetbix with organic soymilk, a banana and a sprinkling of cinnamon. After I kiss Nick and he leaves for work, I turn on the mobile phone and check the weather report before changing into my tracksuit and heading off to the gym on my scooter for a couple of hours.